Most of the tourist info I have seen of Jekyll island include a couple pics of laughing couples on bikes. It is easy to see why. This island has such a rich variety of bike paths and mixed environments that there are surprises around every bend.
In two half days we rode on
- curvy pavement winding through pines along the bay
- firm sandy trails in the woods
- on a dike through the Marshes of Glynn
- on seawalls overlooking the beach
- down streets of ranch homes shaded by oaks
- along the edges of spectacular golf courses
- over boardwalks and little bridges in the marsh and past wildlife overlooks
- and, of course, right next to the perfectly preserved “cottages” of the Millionaires Club. (Nice neighborhood)
- on Tabby, and asphalt, concrete and sand, pavers and pine straw. Everything wide, safe and well marked.